To those out there who have a helper a.k.a maid…care to share with me what’s your helper’s jobscope are like.
Well, hubster and I do think that our helper are under uterlized, but yet I dont think that our helper actually realised that (thus does not appreciate how lucky she is)
Oh by the way, we got ourselves a new helper last 2 weeks.
So basically these are her jobscope.
- Wash and iron hubster and my clothes (using the washing machine and dryer…so takde lar susah kena kuar gi sidai and jemur)
- Babies clothes are handwash and hang outside to be dried.
- Sweep and mop our nursery cum TV room first thing in the morning. (I asked her to wake up at 5:30am coz my babies are morning riser. By 6:30 she should be done with the sweeping and mopping so we could hand her over whoever that is awake early to enable us to perform our Subuh prayer. But not like everyday by 6:30am i hand over the baby to her. Most of the timeit will be around 7:30am – well afterall my mom’s maid also wakes up at 5:30am)
- Sweep our room and do up our bed.
- Feed and bathe the babies (however there are times that I myself / hubster feed and bathe them)
- Wash and sterelize the bottles
- Sleep in the nursery cum tv room (which is just outside my room) when hubster goes to work. So middle of the nite when one cries…she will help do the milk while i TRY to make whoever crying to stop crying to avoid the other one from waking up. And again, I feed them myself while she continues her sleep.
- And of cause keep an eye on the bAbies whenever they are awake. Babies will be with their toys at the sitting room in which she will have to monitor (and again, most of the time I’ll be there with the babies too unless I need some rest and some free time to update my blog…ehehehe. And there are times where I’ll bring the bAbies upstairs to lepak2 with granparents)
On top of that we hardly leave the bAbies behind. Whenever hubster and I go out, the bAbies tag along.
And I myself will put them to sleep whenever they wanna have their nap during the day. And also I put them to sleep at night.
So basically she NEED NOT cook us meal coz my mom’s maid will do so. And as for my bAbies’ meal, not much work need to be done….just dump everything in the slow cooker. She NEED NOT clean the entire house but only two rooms (nursery cum tv room and our bedroom). She NEED NOT water the plants outside nor do any gardening. She NEED NOT help with any marketing, going to the market and siang ikan, and all those barang basah.
So those with helper, does ur helper do more work than mine? What are the other jobscope does ur helper need to do? And what time does your helper goes to bed?
If you think mine is under uterlized…how do I make it known to her that she should feel fortunate with her jobscope??
And btw we’re paying her RM500 a month.