– Chronic disease is responsible for 60% of all deaths worldwide?
– 1970 in the US for every 100,000 people there was 700 with several types of cancer?
– 2007 in the US for every 100,000 people there are 15000 with several types of cancer?
– The American Cancer Society estimates that in 2007 about 168,000 cancer deaths are expected to be caused by tobacco use?
– Scientific evidence suggest that about one third of the 556,650 cancer deaths expected to occur in 2007 will be related to overweight or obesity , physical inactivity, nutrition and thus can also be PREVENTED?
– Most Cancers do not result from inherited genes but from damage (mutation) to genes that occur during one’s lifetime. Mutations may results from internal factors such as hormones or the digestion of nutrients within cells, or external factors such tobacco,chemicals and sunlight?
– There are 20.8 million children and adults in the United States, or 7% of the population, who have diabetes. While an estimated 14.6 million have been diagnosed, unfortunately, 6.2 million people (or nearly one-third) are unaware that they have the disease?
– The total annual economic cost of diabetes in 2002 was estimated to be $132 billion, or one out of every 10 health care dollars spent in the United States?
– Almost half of chronic disease deaths occur in people under the age of 70?
– Around the world, chronic disease affects women and men almost equally?
– One billion adults are overweight – without action, this figure will surpass 1.5 billion by 2015?
– 22 million children under five years old are overweight?
– If the major risk factors for chronic disease were eliminated, at least 80% of heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes would be prevented; and 40% of cancer would be prevented?
– The major risk factors for chronic disease are an unhealthy diet, physical inactivity, and tobacco use?
Degenerative diseases are the ones in which the function or structure of the affected tissues or organs will progressively deteriorate over time, whether due to normal bodily wear or lifestyle choices such as exercise or eating habits. The four mayor degenerative diseases that are affecting people around the world are DIABETES, CANCER, CARDIOVASCULAR and Strokes.
Well, i notice that there are lack of awareness of nutritional supplements. Most people tak amiq supplements thinking that there they dont need it since they are perfectly healthy. Yes alhamdulillah we are healthy, but since i was young (n i’m still young btw, hihih) my mom will always remind us to take our supplement.
Little do we know that for the most part, we suffer from painful degenerative diseases because we deny to our bodies the proper nutrients to maintain health. For this reason Nutrition have to be the start of your lifestyle to get optimal health. Your daily diet must provide the essential nutrients for cells to function properly. To maintain health, we need a diversity of vitamins, minerals, bioflavonoids, and other nutrients. Although we receive many of these nutrients from our diets, it’s impractical and virtually impossible to obtain an optimal those through diet alone.
I’m sure most of you are aware today’s food is full of chemicals and hormones, derivate of their own production process. Back in 1960 the chicken grows process use to take about 3 to 4 months. Now, in our days, one little chicken its feed by hormones and other chemicals ingredients that make his grow process faster. A little one takes 2 to 3 weeks to grow and been prepare to be sell at the stores. Imagine the quantity of bath nutrients that we are ingested.
There are many factors why you should take Nutritional Supplements, and one factor is the environment. With the world rapidly changing, there are more toxins in the air and water we drink, and the foods we eat. With our bodies having to operate twice as hard to eliminate these toxins, supplements are a big help to our bodies to get rid of the harmful toxins. Stress is also a factor on your body and can put your body at risk for many different things, such as a lower resistance to diseases. Taking in supplements can get your immune system strengthened up and help your body function a lot better.
Nowadays, the market is flooded with all types of supplements intended for specific needs and thus it is upon us to choose what works best for us. Nonetheless, we should always be aware that these supplements are not meant to replace our diet. Because our bodies lack the natural nutrients, the gap can be filled with the intake of the nutritional supplements. The reason why this natural food lacks the essential nutrients is because of the changing ways of farming. Soil degradation and modern day farming have affected the nutritional value of food that is why a daily natural supplement is inevitable.
Nowadays, vegetables and fruits contain less minerals and vitamins unlike five decades ago when the nutritional content was high. These nutrients and vitamins that are lacking in our present day food have been packed in healthy tablets that will serve as the supplements that our bodies need. What have caused this lack of nutrients in our food are the technological changes, but it is still technology again that will enable us to bridge this gap of being malnourished to getting healthier.
[abstract from various articles via google]
[New Post] Do you know that – via @twitoaster http://blog.tripletsplusone.com/2010/02/…